Reports to Chief Executive Officer
The VP, Corporate Communications will be responsible for leading the company’s activities in corporate communications, media and public relations, employee communications, and external advocacy consistent with Applied Therapeutics’ mission to create transformative, life-changing treatments for the patients who desperately need them. This individual’s will also actively partner with the Chief Financial Officer to enhance the company’s IR strategy through a proactive approach to expand and optimize our investor base and elevate the company’s profile with the appropriate external and internal stakeholders.
The individual is responsible for developing and executing a strategic and integrated communications and advocacy plan regarding Applied Therapeutics, the disease areas in which we have expertise and our medicines while ensuring that we bring the patient perspective to the center of those efforts. The VP, Corporate Communications will partner with the Applied Therapeutics executive team and other functional leaders as an adviser to help them understand, anticipate and address issues that may impact the company and be prepared to respond if issues arise. This executive will serve as a key company spokesperson with media, key industry contacts, and advocacy groups.
Working with the Applied Therapeutics executive team and cross functional partners, this role will develop the overarching communication framework for the company while ensuring the appropriate empowerment to individual functions.
Success will be driven through alignment of internal and external strategies with advocacy groups, managing partnerships in conjunction with cross functional leaders in the organizations. This leader should be focused on the current and future product pipeline and serve as an expert business partner to the senior leadership team on a wide variety of issues and situations. Must be a savvy executive with the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Develop and implement internal and external communication and advocacy plans that support our commercial and market access objective in association with functional leaders globally and regionally
- Build strong meaningful partnerships with advocacy groups in disease areas of interest. Represent the company at external advocacy group meetings, ensure good understanding of community priorities and challenges. Assist community groups in initiatives that increase understanding of diseases in which we focus.
- In partnership with CFO, develop, implement, and manage a strategic plan for investor relations that helps ensure fair valuation of the company and accurate understanding of the company story and evolution with both the sell-side and buy-side
- Provide communications support for senior management and key decision makers to ensure consistency of messages, alignment with goals and objectives of the company and organization, and to strengthen employee connection to mission.
- Build corporate readiness for response to time sensitive situations
- Manage legislative and regulatory information on behalf of Applied Therapeutics. Has a deep understanding of pharma and healthcare including political and government situations that impact our business.
- Main point of contact for Government Affairs work including managing consultants and or agencies associated with Government Affairs.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in communications and patient advocacy in health care
- Demonstrated ability delivering high impact strategic communication plans
- Demonstrable experience in building meaningful relationships with patient advocacy organizations that have significantly benefited the patients.
- Experience within diverse therapeutic areas including rare diseases and diseases of significant public health interest
- Experience in Investor Relations and or relationships with buy-side investors and sell-side analysts a plus
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Experience working in a highly collaborating, cross-functional environment
- Government affairs experience
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Proven negotiation skills and savviness for working under pressure
- Ability to work effectively in a small, cross-functional team setting
- Ability to work independently and prioritize with minimal daily instruction.
- Ability to think strategically in order to improve current processes
- Independent drive & ownership of projects from start to finish
Apply for this job by sending your CV to careers@appliedtherapeutics.